PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:57
ASU.ORK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

" I think this should be finalised either way. The terminal will not need to be materially expanded in the next 5 years, although the security queueing area may need reconfiguration. They can be paying down the debt in the mean time and be free to attract airline customers. They will need to attract some talent from the UK and/or Europe though and that will not be cheap."

"From what I have seen there are enough gates, and plenty of room in the security area for more machines in the mean time. There may also the opportunity to use the are above the Duty Free, Bar and Lounge area to relocate food, bar and lounge up there to make more room for retail on the main departures level."

Brian.

Unfortunately the Brains in Dublin while the building of the Airport was happening changed the quality of steel used in the Duty Free and Bar areas to save costs. This change means nothing can be build up on any of that area. Which was originally in the plans to include offices etc. Where are the illussive TRANSALANTIC passengers going to have their secondary security screening and seperated waiting area in departures as required by FAA for all inbound PAX.

The Security Check Point is currently too small to cope with the 4 machine which are supposed to be there since the opening of the Terminal. (Currently only 3 in place, 4th to be replaced for summer.) What Designer came up with the bright idea of having a queing system that overflows across a restuarant entrance, sometimes down the escalator, and into the bar.... And the busy summer season has yet to start..

And people think the CAA could run an Airport with a Debt hanging over it's head.

I seriously think the people of Cork need to make their voices heard do they want to face higher airport charges, loss in tourism business, loss in commerical and industrial business, a restricted list of destinations becauses airline won't pay the increased landing fees... These are all serious problems facing the people of Cork and the greater Munster Area if this issue isn't put to bed once and for all.
No to the Break Up of The State Airports

Last edited by ASU.ORK; 8th Apr 2008 at 17:41.