PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:52
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has been moved here because it is like a Hamsters Wheel. The content goes around and around with the opinions of self aggrandising "experts" who in reality, have only experienced "aviation" either as a passenger or with some lowly role within the business.

The few decent posts about their experiences from the front end, ie. pilots (for whom this website is primarily intended), are immediately bounced upon by more pompous "experts" whose only real reason for showing up on here is their insatiable desire to "hang on" to the coattails of those who are fortunate enough to work at the front end of the business in some perverted excuse for their own failed ambitions. As pilots, we are not primarily concerned with how airports are run. We are not "airport experts" even though we do use a bit more of them than most people.
Well, that's certainly put us common mortals in our place.
Do forgive us, Mr "Moderator" for daring to intrude upon the crewroom.

It is, of course, the Professional Pilots' Network. I am delighted that you have been able to enjoy your flying career, earning a substantial salary whilst flying aircraft paid for by the proletariat that inconvenience your lives so much.

The MASSIVE arrogance of that submission says so much for the airline industry today ... "Sod the Proles, I'm an airline Captain".
I spent 30 years working with your arrogant self-opinionated community: it's interesting to see that nothing has changed since I retired.

Good God, man ... you are part of aviation and airports, whether you like it or not.

And we Proles pay your salary, you rude arrogant

[edited to add ... should subscription to this site be restricted to those who hold a PPL/CPL? Mine's dated 1964, BTW]

Last edited by Two-Tone-Blue; 8th Apr 2008 at 17:05. Reason: added text