PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane missing in blizzard in Scotland (Merged)
Old 8th Apr 2008, 16:43
fisbangwollop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After accidents like this it is often the case that most of us make comments and speculate, not in any form of disrespect for the lost pilot or his family but indeed in the hope that someone may learn and hopefully not make the same mistake( if a mistake was made in the first place?) for those of you that know me it would be wrong of me to report on this BB the facts that I know. However I would like to pass on my respects and thoughts to the deceased, his family and also to my colleague who was talking to the flight shortly before contact was lost. In the fullness of time the facts will be reported from the appropriate authorities and hopefully from that we will all learn. We all go through life making mistakes, but more often the case we escape with no more than a scratch or two, gaining along the way a huge ammount of learning!!!. With that in mind I for one will be happy to continue to listen to the speculation and reason that may have lead to this fatality. We must all understand though that flight over inhospitable and high terrain in wintery conditions will always have its hazards, it is often not possible to climb above the cloud as at this altitude as in the wrong conditions ice build up will be a real hazard.