PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 13:29
BestonBoard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So flying experience counts for nothing at Silverjet? Why?
Flying experience is essential if you wish to apply for Senior positions. However, it is not a prerequisite if you are applying to be cabin crew. Silverjet believe life experience and a wealth of customer service experience is most valuable. Of course you may have developed this throughout a flying career... Or you may have not.

HI the email i recieved the other day states that the new routes are LA and Mumbai but wont be holding my breath untill the A/C turn up.
x x
Which email is this? I have to admit, as far as I am aware, our next destinations are still not 'set in stone' ...

Prepareforlanding... Good luck for your Asessment day. If it does alleviate any of your concerns. We have crew from many nationalities. Italian, Spanish, Polish, French (to name a few...) An accent can be an endearing quality. There is no harm asking for instructions or questions to be repeated at your Assessment Day.

Befree... being part of the onboard team. I am afraid I cannot comment on how load factors etc are worked out. Our initial aircraft which we operated on for the first nine months has only 100 seats (It is a slightly different configuration.) When original calculations were quoted, perhaps they based it on this model, but have now modified it as 2 of our aircraft have 2 extra seats.

Hey Vainbone... How are the skies treating you?

Safe and happy flying one and all!

BoB