PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:12
luoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmm.. Danny is right but the state of the operating airfield's terminal and its effects on traffic, company operations, passenger satisfaction are important to flight crew, both at the front and the rear as well. But some of the "deeper name calling" and stuff certainly needed to be weeded out. Pity the moderators.

Has there been any reported cases of crew being out of duty hours due to these problems of getting equipment to/from the aircraft? I dare say it has not been sweetness and light for cabin crew with (justifiably) annoyed pax grumbling at cc (understandable but not justified, particularly when it is accompanied by four letter words and worse).

I dare say AtC and ground control have not been sitting with their feet up either.

Certainly over here in the land (sometimes) snow the trials and tribulations of LHR have caused some concern. Seems a sparrow needs to pass wind and LHR closes nowdays (i.e. not just T5), creating problems with AY's flights to HEL and the connection traffic into OneWorld. So far AY hasn't tried to push its "asia gateway" as hard as it could though.

I guess BA's performance also has a bottom line impact on all operating crew (not just that if htere's no BA there's no job) as pension funds and the like have investments in BA.