PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH3431 B737 lightning strike?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 12:03
steelfo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passanger

I was a passenger on the plain. If anyone like to hear my story (and not from a journalist point of view...) just e-mail me at [email protected] . It was a pretty rough tour, and I haven't managed to get over it yet. The eninges was not at fire but some of us (not me) saw flames bursting out. If that was right after the lightning i am not sure...
The turbulence (lasted app. 5 min) was not normal turbulence but heavy "shaking". It was caused (told by the captain) by the loose part making heavy turbulence and a terrible sound. When the part was "thrown away" the turbulence stopped as sudden as it arrived. We turned around and landed a "normal" landing. The problem was that the captain didn't get any alarms and didn't know what caused the turbulence. We therefore made the landing with NO information. So..... we were safe when the plane stopped. So it was 15 (app.) terrible minutes. People crying (also the airattendent), praying to God, some turned on their phones to get a last call and goodbye.....
Once again if anyone are interested just e-mail me... I am not an expert but a passenger that got to speak to the captain...