PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supply and Demand
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 10:48
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
OK Ralf (sic) lets take a deep breath!

The only reason that REX cannot attract quality candidates is because in the current environment they do not pay enough. Pure and simple. Now mate you really should read some of the previous posts regarding this issue.

The REX EBA allows for a variation of it's conditions due to extraordinary circumstances. When the time comes (and it is coming), and the company can longer upgrade it's F/O's to command, then the mechanism does exist for the employment of DEC's. If you were aware of the workings of the REX industrial agreement then you would understand that.

Secondly, the current time to command at REX is now less than 8 months. If you or someone you know aspires to the left seat of of a REX Saab, then I suggest you or they make their application without delay. By the time you are through induction, Ground school, Famil flights, Sim endorsement, Line training, Check to line, probation....., well I'm sure even you can get the point.

Thirdly, Due to the different employment dynamics of last decade, my wait for command was in the order of 6 years! Why? Because that was simply the way it was. All those that came before me waited their turn, and when their time came, stepped up to the mark and put to good use the years of experience that went beforehand. Most suceeded, some didn't, but everyone of those men and women deserved their place in the que.

So my misguided friend, take your judgemental attitude elsewhere, and do not come p!ssing and moaning to me because you feel that REX are denying either you or someone you may know a spot in the left seat. When DEC's come, It will be REX management that will do the asking, and I for one will not oppose it. The problem for REX however, will be that any pilot with the required experience will most likely have gone direct to a much higher paying position somewhere else.