PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA set to claim siginifcant damages from BALPA for 'damage to its reputation & brand'
Old 8th Apr 2008, 08:41
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, according to tiny tim, who incidentally writes like a company lackey on many occasions, whenever anyone threatens you with legal action, the first thing you do is size up their bank balance, look at your own meagre reserves, and give up the case because his is bigger than yours. Craven, cowardly and blinkered thinking in my opinion.
This basis for deciding legal cases is absurd and simply not historically proven. There are many instances of small companies or individuals taking on Big Business and winning. The climate of cloistered back slapping club members shafting the little people in favour of the old boys running the companies has long gone. Think of Erin Brokovitch, maybe a second rate movie to you, but in reality a self funded individual, who, with a little help from her employer, took on a multi-billion dollar company and won unprecedented damages. She bankrupted the corporation involved.
BA beware!!! You reap as you shall sow.
If the lawyers bring in 1000 people who have an opinion about BA over the last 12 months, how many will side with the Management, and how many with the Union view?
BA management are simply reinforcing their ineptitude by bringing this case. I suggest BALPA counter sue in the sum of £100 million for defamation.
Bring it on, I say.