PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 08:41
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am not surprised but I am slightly annoyed that the AAIB has not released much information publicly about the cause.

As for the insurance angle, because large wodges of their cash are involved, it is often worth heeding 'medium-matured' rumours in the London Insurance market, and if any significant part of that market are settling on radio interference as one cause (it's the third that get's you, right?) then at this stage of the game I would heed it, because later on, if any element of it is true, I would expect it to have been sanitised for the annuls.

To lend context to my thoughts, I am currently reading Peter Wright's "Spycatcher" after somehow having previously failed to open it.

In the book I haven't come across airfoilmod's elusive word "tramp signal" yet, but Peter Wright was a practical electronics expert (a government bugger!) and his book is the kind of place I'd expect to find a word like that used to discuss some kind of feedback phenomenum perhaps, which he might have learned how to exploit 50 years ago - so goodness knows what's possible in SIGINT / problematical to civvie circuit designers in 2008 ... I predict that the state of both these arts will be for a time reconciled in the circuitry of the new Airbus military tankers (select customers only)

Last edited by slip and turn; 8th Apr 2008 at 08:51.