PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 07:53
snanceki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
The key difference on this investigation is that we have an almost intact aircraft rather than wreckage spread over a wide area / difficult terrain.

So either the cause is already known and the paperwork is just being completed or something very strange occurred. The absence of actions (couple of exceptions) to other aircraft of the type/fleet is also interesting suggesting it is aircraft specific.

My list was of course not exhaustive and all the "debate" on the subject has been undertaken with very few facts.

However, with the wealth of interest and the various "theories" that have been put forward by individuals with diverse backgrounds I still remain surprised that the AAIB has remained as tight lipped as they have on this occasion.

Of course doing so is good practice but the very nature of this event when combined with the fact that the aircraft remains largely undamaged I remain surprised that there has been some further interim statement.

Just a personal observation that may or maynot be indicative of something.
OK. It doesn't add anything specific but does anything else put forward on this site?

As I said we will have to be patient. Only then will we be able to draw conclusions and see whether any of the theories put forward prove to be anywhere near (by chance) correct.