PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hours Fresh ATPL...any jobs out there?
Old 8th Apr 2008, 05:08
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Aviation Opportunities

Good! I like humble reply!

Originally Posted by HenC
I have been thru the SIA interview final round and was not accepted. There's no more repeat allowed.
Yes, this is true. No chance will be given again. Now, you get what I mean in my first post (post #2) mentioned to you earlier?
I'm a Singaporean so perhaps I may try Jetstar and Tiger. But then again, I'm all ears for any other foreign opportunity. Even in Msia where I'm doing my frozen ATPL, airlines protect their own nationals.
Other than SIA, airlines are protecting their own citizens. The air operators in Malaysia are protecting their own citizens, priority will be given to Malaysian Malays. Sadly, Malaysian Chinese (even though they are local bred in Malaysia) are still consider as second class citizens.
So probably China looks the likeliest in terms of airlines, u think?
Answering to this particular question. Before applying into any Chinese airline, read post #2, line 2.
Oh and by the way, if my wording of the topic title has offended anyone, my deep apologies . Didnt consider that too much haha. I should have included "frozen".
Most people do not understand and may not come across the term 'frozen ATPL'. The term 'frozen ATPL' is adopted long time ago. Let me cut the story short, the system is associated with UKCAA system (the syllabus and exminations are based on United Kingdom CAA CAP509). Majority of people (including the HongKees) are ignorant and unfamilar with Malaysia's/Singapore's aviation terms. Perhaps, only those experienced aviators will understand what you wrote.

Donkeys years ago, the Hong Kong Police were sent to Malaysia for flight training. These HongKees got their MDCA frozen ATPL! Only those senior HongKees who were trained in Malaysia will know what it is.