PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 03:07
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
My dear fellow....merely because the Bristow Management (in Abstentia) fails to run the organization in the manner you think fit does not in any way suggest they know not what they are doing. Every Manager worth his pay will find fat that needs trimming. As time has progressed and company funds have been spent like there was no end to it....and a new Manager (assuming they can find his hiding place and load him up on an airplane) can only be expected to put his mark on things.

Surely, the old sage hands like PeeWee and the Majah are desparately keeping things running in the absence of yet another outsider so perhaps one should give them far more credit. Despite the fact the longer the old structure and staff remain in control, the worse things get is not a lick on them nor should it be. After all, they have the coalface gang's best interests at heart. Surely, you could not consider they should give up their private autos and chaffuers to mere working class? Why, some of you probably envy them their Business Class or First Class seats on the flights into and out of Lagos. Why would anyone complain of riding in the top shelf company pickup trucks as it provides a wonderful opportunity to see how the ordinary Nigerian lives and works. I would assume they have also shown solidarity with the the folks that pass through the BRC by taking up accomodation in the housing blocks and share the comradiary of shared rooms and baths rather than remaining all lonely and bored in the management apartments or offsite digs.

Since reading this thread for the past year or so....I think ye protest too much! Nothing would satisfy you......in time I know with the dedicated management extant....that is exactly what you will have and happiness will reign. Perhaps you will later consider rebating your local allowances when you begin to feel guilty for taking those enormous sums and spending it on whisky and women as you do now.

So NEO, Etienne, and the rest.....admit it....you have never had life so good!