PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson ALPA pilots to strike
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 00:01
puma pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remoak. A simplistic view. The collapse occurred because of a variety of circumstances. It is you who is being naive to imply that the two strike days caused the end of the airline. You show that you have little or no understanding of what went on. We weren't even asking for a pay rise for a start.
I am pleased for you that you enjoy a semi ex-pat lifestyle, I also thank you for not crossing the line in 1999. Please don't insult me with insinuation and a false impression of my circumstances. I can safely say that I am doing very well, but am able to do so from home. Seems I'm employable in NZ! I don't have to peddle my wares offshore, or wait for the phone call from an airline looking for sc*b labour. Cheap shot I know, but you asked for it; and, you've got all this wrong.
Air Nelson's situation cannot be compared to the Ansett dispute. It is a simple dispute over pay and conditions. The piolts are beating their heads against a brick wall of management that hasn't moved into the 21st century. They are taking limited and legitimate action to progress a negotiated settlement. The sky is not going to fall on their heads.