PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2008, 16:04
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the explanation, Westcorkman. I am afraid that the first reports from last week on Cassell's investigations had me all up in a heap trying to figure out what was going on with the figures and to cope with it my eyes were starting to glaze over the topic so your contribution is very well timed indeed.

Well, if the Cork public are anything to go by nothing will happen and Cork will be stuck with this by the government as they can say it was all an independent report and for sure there will be no ex Aer Rianta staffer shoutin' & roarin' either once their silence is bought off with assurances about pensions and jobs etc. From the business point of view and for as long as Cork remains a part of the Dublin Airport Authority business empire Cork and her airport will remain in the third class behind Dublin and Shannon - witness the recent deals for winter operations for the U S carriers, the CityJet/Air France arrangements and most recently the deal struck to keep EI sweet on the North Atlantic for the coming winter etc.

Why is the Cork Airport Authority so quiet on these kinds of deals being given the nod and wink by the government and the Shannon office of the DAA?

Cork people will like before be made mugs of by the government and the DAA and is it any wonder when people vote for the likes of Micheal Martin and Noel O'Flynn in FF and the like of Deirdre Clune in FG?

Three more years indeed - more like one hundred & three years.

Cork Airport is being stitched up nicely.