PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 200 hours Fresh ATPL...any jobs out there?
Old 7th Apr 2008, 12:17
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by HenC
My sincere greetings to all my senior aviators out there.....I'm currently doing my ATPL in Malaysia.
As per the question above, any? Besides the instructorship and cadet route.Anything from China, HK, India or even the Maldives? Or anywhere else..doesnt matter.Appreciate all kind and valuable inputs.
I read through your past postings and I can see you are a real genuine poster. You are polite and you showed sincerity in asking questions!

Here are the answers to you.

1. China is new into aviation (just staring up only) and they are training their own people. They may need foreigners but you have to go through your way out and do your CAAC licencing conversion before the Chinese airlines will consider you. The good news is you need not to be type-rated in heavy jet (as for now (in year 2008 situation)) but chance is higher if you are type-rated.

2. For India aviation industry. They do not need any foriegn people (especially without type rated). I met one Singaporean India where he took his licence in Australia. Thereafter, he got type-rated. Not only that, he went through the troublsome **** things with DGCA. Finally, he got into Air India with a help of an Indian National Captain (who is a distance relative of his).

3. Good new is HKCAD accept direct conversion from MDCA licence! You need to sit for HKCAD airlaw and that's it! Need not to be type-rated (as for now (in year 2008 situation)). Still, you need to be employed before you can get your licence converted.to a HKCAD one. HK government is protecting their citizen and you must understand priority will be reserved for the HongKees.

Still, if you really wish to be consider into HK airline, you need to produce at least a HKPR status. With a HKPR status, your chance of getting into HK airline is high. Next question is, how are you going to get HKPR?

Years ago, I met one Malaysian Chinese who did his Bachelor's degree in NUS and later did his Chinese Master's degree with NTU (National Taiwan University. Later, he got married with a Taiwanese girl, now he is with EVA.

SIA is the best choice. SIA suck in lots of foreign people. SIA is the only airline in the whole (that I know) world that trains foreign cadets (Malaysians, Indians, HongKees and etc.)(starting from ab-intio phase). Believe me or not, SIA do not take in their own local bred citizens (even those well qualified ones).