PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2008, 12:08
the_boy_nb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HSBC finance

Hi, don't know if anyones been in a similar situation to me regarding the finances for CTCwings.

Basically I have a pushing 6,000 pounds credit card debt with HSBC that for the past 5 months I have been unable to repay. I'm going to start making some token payments as of next month.

I'm working abroad at the moment and am preparing to apply for the ctcwings cadet program. I don't want to waste my time though if there isn't much chance of me getting the finance.

Has anyone had any issues with getting the loan from HSBC if you have some debts with them already? I was wondering if I could transfer the credit card debt to that loan, or trying to reason with them that if (assuming I pass selection) they don't I'll be going back to my crappy paid job abroad and continuing to be unable to afford to pay the credit card. At least they are pretty sure I am going to get a decent paid job in the UK at the end of the training and I will pay it back?

I'm sure people may not want to discuss their financial matters on an open forum. I'm jsut looking for someone who maybe could suggest a course of action. Will it jsut depend on how the bank feels on that day, or are there some hard and fast rules they will apply regarding a credit check etc? Anyone else had experiences like this, have tried a different bank etc?

Thanks in advance!