PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 7th Apr 2008, 08:52
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that we have to look at all the likely outcomes of the current situation but you are taking a very pesamisitc view, in fact in aviation terms you are allowing for two engines on the same side failing at V1.

If you took this view then you would never start the take off roll, and this is what your advice may do for some peoples flying careers.

During the mid 80's I was working on the ground for a large airline, a large number of the pilots were into share dealing big time and most people thought (including themselfs) that they were very very clever with all the money they were making. One day it all came to a very sudden stop when the city crashed, you could smell the fear of these people who had got themselfs involved in something that they did not fully understand and lost a lot of money.

Since then I have not taken advice from "flight deck" experts on anything except flying, you are welcome to your opinions but that is just what they are opinions.