PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 7th Apr 2008, 08:27
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 208 Likes on 75 Posts
Since when do I remove posts that offer an alternative opinion to my own?

You have to understand that millions of people in the UK for many years now have used rising house equity to clear their annual 0% interest credit card debts. With this option now removed they face crippling costs leading to bankruptcy OR heavily changing their spending habits. Either is enough to curtail growth to an extent where a recession is entered.

The market is defined at the margin. With marginal falls in prices the market is going into reverse with estate agents desperately applying pressure to sellers to lower prices before the agency goes bust.

Take a look at http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/search and check your postcode. In mine there are 45 properties who have reduced their asking prices in the last 7 days alone..

You don't like my doom and gloom views. OK. But is that sticking your head in the sand, shooting the messenger or just a plain refusal to stare facts in the face? In aviation we always consider the risks and the worst case likely scenario. A House Price Crash and Recession firmly fits into the likely range of outcomes.

A V1 cut is unlikely - but we practice it every 6 months and brief it on every departure..