PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 7th Apr 2008, 08:03
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Price correction

I have to say that I find WWW's gloom & doom a bit hard to take and wish if I my post is not removed for disagreeing with a moderator to offer another view.

Hours prices particlarly in the UK have been over-inflated for years, this is due to the actions of estate agents, morgage company's and the british obssesion with making money from your house.

The fact of the matter is that it matters not one iota how much your house is worth if you don't intend to sell it. In fact for most people a downward price correction is a good thing after all less Stamp duty (govermment house buying tax), lower estate agent charges and lower morgage charges.

It is unfortunare if you have a just got a house at top of the market prices that is now worth less than you owe for it but remember the rest of the market has fallen so you will pay less for your next house.

The real victims of lower house prices are the Mr 5%'s YES the leaches you have to use to buy and sell houses that work the percentage game, these people have driven houses out of the grasp of first time buyers for there own proffit.

What we need is lower house prices this will eventualy result in lower morgage payments and more free spending money, it will free the british from a 25 year enslavment to the morgage company's.

I have no doubt that the aviation market will slow and that getting a job might be a bit harder for about 18 months but one answer to all this is to go down the modular route to trainning and save your selfs £20,000 in trainning costs over integrated route. After all you get the same licence at the end of the course and £20,000 is a lot to pay for for a bit of help getting a job.

The doom & gloomers on this forum are busy putting peope off spending money on trainning so the first to be hit will be the expensive integrated courses so in 18 months when the market picks up the supply of these people will dry up quickly and the airlines will drop the obssesion with "integrated" pilots like a hot potato when they can't fill the seats on the flight deck.