PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2008, 01:51
13Snoopy13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys! I am still around and am due to have my pilot specific testing in a couple of weeks (earliest possible!).

Can anyone enlighten me as to what kind of math to expect in the additional tests for pilot testing? I know there is aviation reasoning which was one previous weakness I have had to work on, but I can't for the life of me recall what the other math test involved!

Anyone know of any useful resources for practice tests etc?

FYI, I am no longer aiming for RAAF, I have to be realistic, and as pointed out in Octane's post, my age would (despite the fine print) be a cross against my name. So I am concentrating on army & navy aviation as i see this as my best chance for getting through. If I get an RAAF offer, then thats just a bonus!

I have let the DF know I am doing this for a long stint in the ADF, I am not interested in the financial rewards and certainly have no aspirations for flying civilian buses. As for the leadership theory, I did 3 years of it care of my management degree at uni, so hopefully that will count as a plus for me!

As for confidence, its a strange thing, but I actually wondered during the JOES day if knowing the job too well and not having any questions to ask was a good thing?

Thanks to everyone in this thread who have kept it alive, its good to hear some current news. I will let you all know how I went after Pilot Testing. In the event I don't get through this round, I will only be more prepared for the next run at it!