PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria Ground Staff Scam
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 21:45
Armen Firman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revnetwork,

Thanks for your reply; I've sent you a PM.

Flying Touareg,

She did demand a receipt but the man refused to give her one. As stated she was told to wait at one side and this happened after all other passengers had boarded, so there was nobody else she could ask for help.

Aircraft Carrier,

You're presumably something to do with aviation as you made a post on 5 March saying you'd just been successful with an application to Virgin Nigeria (no vested interested in your post then!), but the majority of passengers don't know that the only place you pay money is at the check-in desk. No, there was no adjustment made to her boarding pass, as she had already been issued with boarding passes for both herself and the infant at the check-in desk (which is why immigration was not a problem), she couldn't get a receipt issued and the man refused to divulge his identity. She was alone, a young, slender woman with a small babe in her arms and nobody else there to help. Just how do you suppose you, in your superior, cold-hearted way expect she was going to deal with that? She recognised the man as she has travelled this route many times previously and is probably a good more intelligent than you if your response is anything to go by. Boarding staff at a boarding gate, who have just boarded every other passenger on the flight are normally employees of either Virgin Nigeria or their accredited agents. If you're actually employed in Australia in SAR monitoring, why were you in Port Harcourt on 15 December (sounds rather fishy to me). I hope that if you do get to work for Virgin I don't have to fly as your passenger as your CRM skills are likely to be poorly developed if your post is anything to go by.

Revnetwork has given me a positive and encouraging reply. It seems he may have some connection either with Virgin or the airport. If he manages to find out anything and good comes of it, you may be sure I'll be the first to post a positive reply. Meanwhile, I'm still doing my best to follow up on this as I'd like to make sure the perpetrator is brought to book for his disgraceful behaviour. I've always used Virgin Nigeria myself as until now I've always had a reasonable service from them, so I don't make accusations like this lightly.

Last edited by Armen Firman; 6th Apr 2008 at 22:45.