PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raising Funds for Training - Credit Crunch
Old 6th Apr 2008, 20:35
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was sooooooo last year !

you have got to be joking, lower prices at a time of higher fuel costs and an ever increasing tax burden, you can imagine an upward trend not down.
OAA have nearly full courses for 2008 with Netjets, Flybe, EPST to name a few customers.
Rumours that BA may enter the fray as well.
If you think that Flybe. BA & Netjets are payinmg the same prices as Mr 80k Wannabee then think again, if the paltry deposits paid to hold places on these courses are worth less than the money lost in pursueing them then the idea will get dropped like a hot coal.

A change in management, one particular course taking longer to line train "than usual", an increase in fuel cost passed to the Airline, all these things could mean that these courses or schemes just grind to a halt and get pulled - dont forget the great publicity has already been had.

Simulators have been running 5 x 4hr sessions daily for 18 months, trust me it IS slowing down.

Training prices will come down, I was instructing prior to and around 9/11 and I remember my old MD having a vision for our FTO and it was to make £1 and only £1 that year. FTO's are the classic case for being able to go backwards financially at great speed, just when you think it cant get any worse - somebody taxies down a pot hole and has a prop strike.

Cash is king in flight training, stationary airplanes still cost money