PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos at Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 19:52
ukeng

UkEng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Three Yellows

Great post, have only seen the apron levels of T5 (airside) so good to hear a passengers eye view of the whole shambles.

Today's annoying news is that the snow has been blamed for the majority of cancellations. Why? It was one inch at LHR, it wasn't that cold and melted almost as fast as it arrived. On top of that it had been widely forecast for the last week, so how could BA and BAA not have been ready?
It was extremely cold this morning and the snow did settle, doesn't excuse the BAA for being unprepared though especially as like you say it was all over the forecasts for the last week.

I fear this may take a long time to get sorted out - the building it seems was to be "finished on time,on budget" at any cost to those using it after handover. The construction contractors should also be apologising for the state they've left a supposedly complete building in.

Lastly from me, I'm very surprised that BA (my employer) hasn't put out full page adverts in all the papers apologising to our customers - it won't fix things but it would at least a little show that we actually care what's happened to them. A weak apology on the website and a few appaling interviews with WW just aren't enough.