PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on CityJet
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 15:31
Jetfella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cityjet

I think Cityjet are moving from paris due to the French Labour laws mainly.There is huge unrest amongst the crews because of this,its caused major upheaval for lots of staff,cc and flight deck.The london City project is purely a cityjet creation,their first experiment if you like, of operating independent of AF.However theyve borrowed in excess of 180 million euro from Paris to expand out of LCY.So its a gamble.Its patently not paying off!
The despatch rate is shocking since the start,and as I mentioned in an earlier post,very poor uptake on GVA ZRH.Theyre trying to address this now with some hairbrained new schedule dooomed to failure.
VLM takeover?doubt it now.What amazes me is that in the current climate,or even historically,how come there is no commercial savvy?.Is it a case of a wall full of degrees and no real substance?
Whers is the brash young man or woman in Swords who can see the wood from the trees and make it work?.they need someone badly with vision.IMHO,there problem stems from the fact of being under AF wing for so long,very comfy,lots of backup.Now,they have their own baby,and they didnt do prenatal!
LCY is a very collicky babay!!