PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: 7.30 Report, Pilot's shortage (03 April 08)
Old 6th Apr 2008, 11:32
tenfouroldmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The arrogance is truely unbelievable

Grogmonster...

I hope you were just after a reaction when you submitted your post. If not...

...people like you who get Mummy & Daddy to pay for you to learn to fly...
Try to understand that not every pilot has their mummy and daddy looking out for them. Some of us don't have that luxury and have earned our own CPL (or even a PPL for that matter) for which we paid every cent from our own pocket.

Secondly, we do not need to be told how difficult it is to run a business. You're no Marco Polo there sunshine.

I was horrified to read your post and believe that if you have such negativity toward this site, DON"T BOTHER LOGGING IN. From all I have read at pprune and from my own experience in the aviation industry, it appears to me that the folks that are here all have a justified point of view, even if I don't always agree.

If there are complaints about such things as poor salaries for example, that's because some pilots are today being paid less than $30K to fly a twin turboprop. AFTER forking out $60K + to get the licence to be there. FACT.

And no, they shouldn't have to piss off if they don't like it.

Last edited by tenfouroldmate; 6th Apr 2008 at 11:57. Reason: The arrogance is really truely unbelievable