PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA set to claim siginifcant damages from BALPA for 'damage to its reputation & brand'
Old 6th Apr 2008, 09:39
atse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ladies and gentlemen please. I do sometimes dispair at some of the posts here.
Me too. Could not agree more.

I have refrained from commenting on Tinytim's posts because experience suggests that those who repeatedly post such confident, but ill informed, assertions just keep on going regardless. Here we have a guy - or even a dog which has got itself a bone - who just knows that
Actualy generally Balpa are not well funded
Really? In fact he is happy to
hazard an informed guess
about legal costs. He then compares these estimated costs to his version of the BALPA budget (a budget of all things) without any consideration of the fact that this is manifestly an exceptional event.

He uses this comparison to declare that there may not be money to fight legal cases for other pilots and adds this pontification
some reassurance from the general Secretary that appropriate resources are available without prejudice to the routine business of Balpa might be appropriate
I wonder if the General Secretary would find this patronising?

tinytim is of course welcome to articulate his rumours and guesses and the like. But it might be better if he spent more time informing himself about the matters on which he evidently considers himself to be something of an expert.

And while I am at it, the statement "plays right into BAs hands" is a judgment to which he is welcome. It is nonetheless an ill-judged position and shows little appreciation of what is involved.