PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying more than 100h a month
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 09:30
escobar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reson I don't post on prune is that no matter what you say somebody always has to come back and argue a point. If you actually read my post i said lucky/unlucky. Pay me 35k a year and i'd have stayed a fi as i had a great time, one of the reasons i still do it part time, but at about 10k a year with a loan of 35k and a spend on my fATPL and fi of about 55k then being a full time fi is not a good move. Why did i bother gettin my ir or mcc if i wanted to be a career fi? I gave my students everything i had, one of the resons i still keep in touch with some, rainy days i gave briefings for free, i'd stay late in order to get them through a mental block, i didn't get paid overtime. So i won't have anybody knocking my dedication to my students. I was lucky in that i got a break after only 4 months, a break which means i can live reasonably whilst paying back my loan. Hopefully in another year i'll be able to say i was lucky/unlucky to have only flown turbo props for 18 months. Not because I hate turbo props, in fact they are very enjoyable, prob hand fly more in a month than what i would in a year of jet operating, but due to the fact that i gave up a career paying 30k a year, took out lots of loans, and now have a career earning deficit of about 150k. As an fi i had monthly meetings with the bank manager as to why I was defaulting on my loans. Show me somebody who has a ir and mcc under 35 that seriously wants to be a career fi.

I thank everybody who gave me a sensible answer to my posts, once again i will go back to lurking. thanks

Last edited by escobar; 6th Apr 2008 at 10:09.