PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei Airlines In Chaos
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 14:07
SlimJim47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
icom,

Im coming around to your place for a beer. Ive run out as I had some of my last import consumed, aah I mean confiscated by brunei airport customs.

Backtoback,

I think the CEO should be held accountable.

Everyone is fully aware the RBA board of Directors have no experience or interest in aviation or airline matters. They have been appointed to the board through nepotism and are simply serving out their time until they are promoted to other government offices on yet higher salaries.

Why else employ a foreign CEO on $40,000 or so a month plus bonuses. It is up to him to convince / push the increase in grossly out of date salaries and allowances and address rostering issues et all. $40,000 a month is too much to just to make decisions such as extend the turnaround times at airport to improve on time performance.

If the board of directors simply say no and will not listen to him, go to the airline owner himself.

To say he tried once and they said no, so that’s the end of it, indicates he has failed as have his predecessors. Will he just sit back for the remainder of his contract saying, well I tried once, and they said no so there is nothing more I can do.

Let someone more forceful try to rebuild this sad and failing little airline.

Diamondstar

Sadly people have tried in the past.
Apparently a new direct entry Airbus captain made some suggestions to the FTM back when the airbus had recently arrived. He was told in no uncertain terms to keep his opinions to himself.
It was also rumored Airbus nearly failed CD on his Airbus rating as he was doing things his way during the sim rather than the Airbus course procedures. Likewise on the B777 course with BA.
Thus the term megalomania is not just from a disgruntled pilot, but rather an accurate description o rba’s FTM.