PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane ditches off Brampton Island
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 07:55
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTD,

In my opinion, what you've just wasted 30 minutes typing is complete twaddle.

You can not compare Aviation with other industrys, many of these "professional" industries you refer to are looking very closely at aviation for ways ahead ( fatigue management, SOPS, risk management, there are also many others ).

Aviation is an industry where Pilots learn from each others mistakes, i can not count the number of time that some Pilot has had an accident and all his/her mates jump on pprune and spruke on about what a great guys fred was/is, blah blah blah, completely pointless crap, i'm sure fred was/is a geat bloke.

At the end of the day, the ATSB publishes a report stating how fred muffed it or what the cause of the accidents was, but as BDB stated statistically it is more likely Pilot error and makes freds mate look quite stupid.

Very seldom do you find a Pilot with the stones to put their hand up and admit to their mistakes, now that is an area we could collectively learn to better ourselves in, open and frank no BS discussion.

As far as you suggesting some here are non professional, have you flown with me or any others here ?, what makes you all knowing ?.

Just because your ego is somehow damaged by the questions asked, too bad, this is an open and free discussion, and yes the facts of this accident will not take very long to surface, of which everyone here is interested in for their own education.

I personally do not know Kate, I wish her well and commend her for her dealing with the situation, but the question of why is one that an intelligent person should ask, and i personally do not care if that offends you.