PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aspartame in the cockpit: Safety issue?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 02:43
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a 100% first hand story' I was at a dinner party with some friends and guests. One of our friends had been wheel chair bound for about 6 months, with increasing mobility difficulties. Diagnosed with MS some time earlier i think(though not sure of the diagnosis - ie no bull **** here)., She had been a perfectly healthy beautiful lady, now still Beautiful but in a wheel chair.

One of the 'guests' was a consultant surgeon from London. He was talking to her for some time. I went up and asked her did she want another drink. I thought a can of stella for me, a can of stella for the doc, and I said the 'normal' she said yes. a diet coke. I brought the drinks back. The surgeon said to her 'how many do you drink a day if you don't mind me asking'? She replied 'i don't know, it could be five or six cans a day, maybe a two litre bottle, more since she got ill'

The doc said , under no circumstances drink that can, have some water, or tea no sugar. He then explained why. It was a thought, not a proved theory that aspartame was the issue. He asked her to please please not drink this stuff for 2 months. She said ok she would do it. No word of a lie, 6 weeks later she was out of the wheel chair and walking. 2 years later, this friend who we all thought (including her) had a fatal degenerative disease is now a normal healthy, jogs 10 miles a week mature houswife.

I am no doc. There are many bad diseases out there that come over as MS or arthritis etc. If you have these symptoms, do NOT take diet coke (or ANY diet drink), sweetex etc, anything with aspertame in. Do NOT allow your children under any circumstances to have Aspertame in any drink or food stuff.

Just by perchance because of a meeting and a bit of reading in the medical journals, our 'guest' saved this womans life. It is not truley understood yet, but it is very bad stuff. Do not take it! Heroin addicts die quicker, which may be a blessing compared to self induced symptoms resembling MS, Arthritis and Altzheimers (is that the correct spelling?, I can't remember )

True story, first hand, take it or leave it.