PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aspartame in the cockpit: Safety issue?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2008, 00:44
Hasselhof

I worked with this gentleman in a ground-based capacity for many years before his diagnosis, and I rarely if ever saw him without a can of aspartame diet soda at his elbow.

Perhaps he would have developed the tumor without the diet drinks.

Perhaps there is a causal link.
No you're right. I've seen the light on this. But it has caused me to ask some additional questions that might end up scaring the populace... but I'm willing to take that risk.

Did you ask this particular gentleman if he regularly slept in a bed? In my experience 100% of cancer patients I met in my former job as an oncology nurse regularly (if not every night) slept in beds so perhaps there is a link there?

Did you ask this particular gentleman if he was regularly exposed to artifical pop music? Again, its my anecdotal experience (though I suppose you might want to call it "data" given that it involves various individuals and as you pointed out, data is eventually the sum of anecdotal evidence) that a significant percentage of cancer sufferers and indeed sufferers of many other illnesses both serious and indeed potentially fatal actually owned at least one Britney Spears album!

There you go hey....

Last edited by Hasselhof; 6th Apr 2008 at 00:45. Reason: to clarify