PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cad West 28/03/08
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2008, 19:47
PFR
Gamekeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Can I just say Mark, music soundtracks are good, but there is something just about capturing the "roar"....(excuse the pun..raw) sound of the "jets" in the valleys - particularily on occasions when you're treated to some "turning & burning". From many years past, when a friend and I used to search out such - long before it was really possible to capture the image - we'd have dreamed to achieve the results you guys get - brillant.
In my experience there was something magical about the sound, each type having it's own, often made and changed with manoeuvering. Am I right in thinking the Typhoon has a bit of a "blue note"?.. especially when its putting on the coals and hauling around the corners?...Oh what fun
No doubt you still appreciate the contrast of the moment, between the raw noise, shattering the tranquility in those flashing moments and the on-going magic of the surroundings. We used to compare it with fishing, not that I've fished, but it appeared to have parallels, waiting, oh the waiting... often admiring the scenery and in my case sky scapes, ears pinned, trying not to be fooled by the wind. Then, suddenly, something - picked up on the horizon, or a sound, a distant one, but yes, something and if we were lucky it was coming our way...all noise & balls...
Do you get much of a heads-up from your "rigs"? We used to plug in common "low-fly" freq's, local London Mils (Scottish, Eastern, Borders in our day), ICF's and anything else we thought might help, Studs for the bases of the a/c we expected/hoped may grace us! Anything really just to try and give is some heads-up......Happy days.

Anyway keep up the good work and thanks for getting "brass monkeyed" for the benefit of this viewer...