PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2008, 19:25
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

Ten based units by next year does sound a lot considering the BHX base.

Assuming that all four arrive and they do six sectors a day minimum and
each aircraft does the same destination Mo We Fr Sun and another destination Tu Th, Sa for each morning, afternoon and evening rotation, then is that 24 new routes for these 4 aircraft?

Okay some will run daily such as Malaga, Palma, Alicante (possibly PIK double daily but that would be a risky one), you could still be looking at
18 -21 new destinations and this seems crazy with a new base nearby.

I thought that they might have gone after Sterling with Scandinavian destinations but the pax loads thus far on OSL, CPH & ARN will see them off without any FR input unless they improve quickly (I know it has been winter but average loads between 50 and 70? is low to say the least).

I thought aircraft 7 was rumoured by dumdumbrain for late 2007 or Spring 2008 but that never happened despite the culling of Stansted routes, it all suggests a change of strategy in the Midlands.

You can see aircraft seven arriving to go after baby & easy on the core Spanish routes and possibly number eight for a mix of Scandinavia destinations and others but ten just sounds too much in such a short space of time.

Pete