PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 84 Nigerians Robbed at S’African Airport
Old 5th Apr 2008, 02:08
AircraftCarrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crime

There is no doubt that Nigerians have participated in various criminal acts worldwide. The one that placed them on the world map has been the advance fee fraud. But if we are intelligent enough to go down to the core of it, the fraud victims are also a scum of the societies they live in. If not for the deterring mechanisms put in place in their countries, they would have defrauded their own people too! Both the supplier and the demander are all criminals and don’t deserve any sympathy. It’s all about one bad guy taking out another baddy in gang warfare! But to say that it is a justification to rob an innocent and law abiding Nigerian or any other good citizen, is just so unfair.
How can people in their righteous minds see all the heartbreaking pictures and video footage that comes out of Africa, collude with another African planning rob the poor of what is left of them? Now think about that!
I guess at the end of the day, the way we look at crime depends on who commits it. Find time to watch the movie/true story called “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN”. The criminal was portrayed as a smart guy! In his interview I watched a few years back, he was even given a job by the CIA or FBI or so, on a very huge wage. If he was Nigerian……hmmm, we all know the answer don’t we?
No criminal is any better than the other, no matter where that person comes from or looks like.