PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: 7.30 Report, Pilot's shortage (03 April 08)
Old 4th Apr 2008, 23:59
Grogmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Arrogance is unbelievable

Guys I see all this prattle about wages all the time and it never ceases to amaze me that you carry on about management not paying decent wages. Do you really think they do it just because they can?? If any of you got down off your high horses for just 30 seconds and applied yourself to understanding basic business principles you "may just may" get the idea that the very people who are giving you that job that you think you so richly deserve are struggling in a very competitive enviroment to make enough money to keep their company viable.

In any business the largest weekly expense, aside from the aircraft operating expenses, is the wages. If you pay higher wages your aircraft hourly rate goes up and this directly affects the charge out rate for the aircraft. So if you follow the spiral the market forces dictate that the higher the rate the less attractive your rates become to the customer, you know those pains in the butt who sit down the back, the people who really pay your wages. No customers = no flying = Boss goes broke = "NO JOB"

So the solution is if you don't like it then get lost because it is people like you who get Mummy & Daddy to pay for you to learn to fly that don't belong and maybe that is why the airlines didn't give you a job even though you had 2000 hours and were "very experienced". They don't want some ?hiT Stirrer in the company who runs of to the unions and tells tales every time the roster doesn't suit. If you think I am being harsh well have a think about it and try running your own business and dealing with the Arrogance that is dished out by you people on a daily basis.