PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC12 operations at Elstree
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 23:12
flyboy1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC12 operations at Elstree

One flight and a few beers later I'm here to ask for everyones opnion on PC12 operations from Elstree, these are becoming more frequent. First it was one aircraft now it appears to be two!

Elstree is a cramped little airfield and in my opnion these operations are potentially dangerous and should stop! There were two PC12's at Elstree today. One was parked on the ramp area next to the holding point and when the other came in it had to park on the taxiway leading to other aircraft being obstructed and having to make a u-turn after fuelling at the pumps.

I'm airing this because I don't believe that the whole airfield should come to a stop so that some ponce who wants to transfer from his PC12 to a helicopter in a flash or fly his kids back from wherever can do so. There are plenty of more suitable airfields just as near to London for this type of operation, so why is this going on at Elstree! Guys lets stand up for GA and prevent this dangerous mixture, because its my aircraft or yours thats getting smashed in by the wing tip of a taxing PC12 sooner or later!