PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raising Funds for Training - Credit Crunch
Old 4th Apr 2008, 23:07
docash1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, this has probably been asked before, although after a search I cannot find the answers I am looking for, I apologise if they seem rather ambiguous in nature. These questions are aimed at people who have done any integrated course, not CTC and OAT specifically, although it would help.

So, your accepted onto an integrated course, OAA, CTC etc. In attempting to secure the funds, you are about to ask someone to put their house up for security, the questions I have are:
  1. Is this a re-mortgage, or is it as I have been lead to believe a loan: 18 months training and 6 month repayment break, whilst the interest is accruing?
  2. If I was to take the full loan £66k OAA, £60 CTC, what are the usual repayments, which you have had to meet per month?
  3. What is the difference between the loan OAA offer and CTC’s bond scheme?
  4. Presuming a job is acquired, after monthly pay minus tax, how is the financial situation, poor but repayments met, or are we living off tins of beans, and struggling to meet the repayments?
  5. What is the realistic prospect of paying off this loan in the time frame that these schools set out 5-6 years?
Cheers Docash1983

Last edited by docash1983; 4th Apr 2008 at 23:33. Reason: typo