PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF CompA ??
Thread: RAF CompA ??
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 20:16
Rotor Buddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commonwealth Serving Comps

I fully agree with and applaud the fantastic stories of getting those home in their time of need. I have assisting in a number of comps in my time and fully believe that if there is any one thing we can hold a sign up and advertise that we do well, it is looking after our own in these circumstances.

However, I have been recruited from a commonwealth country to serve in HM Forces (the empire isn't dead, its just sleeping) and I dont think I am entitled to the same service if and when, heaven forbid, I have a comp with my family.

From what I understand I will be brought back to the UK from whereever I am serving and then I am on my own. Do I have to pay for my own means back to the otherside of the planet, when the UK will move its guys from the otherside of the planet to the UK in their hour of need?

Knowing that I can stop a bullet as well as anyone else who is serving, will the system allow for my parents to be transported to see me?

I do not wish to lower the tone of the fantastic stories of helping our own, but thought this would be the most appropriate thread to try and find an answer to my questions. Would be grateful for any information that fellow pruners could shed on commonwealth serving soldiers in similar circumstances.

RB