PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie needs help, advice and support/cuddles!
Old 4th Apr 2008, 20:09
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ELC Grants

There are certain flying training and ground school organisations that are registered with the ELC system, I know that Bristol Groundschool in Cheddar and Aeros Flight Training in Gloucestershire (both excellent organisations) are both registered.

The only snag is that you can only make one claim each financial year so if you claimed now towards a ppl course for instance you could not make another claim until April 2009.

So the best advice really is to find a training school that is ELC registered and start now, get the ppl and 150 hrs built up in this financial year with an ELC claim, complete the ATPL theory exams in the 2009 financial year with another ELC claim, maybe complete the CPL as resettlement and then finish off with the MEIR in the 2010 financial year with another ELC claim. That would be training complete and all three ELC claims made.

I'm towards the end of my training and have used the ELC system to full effect, a few grand offset against the huge training expense may not seem like a lot but it all helps and after a career in the military you definitely deserve it.

I sincerely wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by magicmick; 4th Apr 2008 at 20:11. Reason: bad spelling