PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 16:50
SARREMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heck! I almost missed this thread!

ROOFUS

I suggest you read TALLSARs post. Its absolutely accurate. So you WILL have to use NVG come 2012.

Spanish Waltzer. It is NOT up to the IPT to do the workign out. They purchase a solution from the winning bidder. So, during selection each bidders puts forward how it is to be done. And I guess some may go for the spread about option - with all the points you mention needing addressing. Others may go for harmonised procedures, equipment but lumped togther. others may go for another solution entirely. But one thing is certain. There is a step change coming for all. The customer is buying the service. You deliver the service to a set of requirements he has laid down. You dont deliver he will hit you with very big penalties. Yes, the world revlolves around money. Here the incentive is to deliver and not get stung.

By George they may just have got it right this time.

Roofus. I have done overland NVG SAR. I risk assessed. I used a light intensifying device that allowed me greater safety operating in the dark below safety altitude. I took my commander duties very seriously and always flew the aircraft with their safety in mind. I resent your remarks when you tar everyone with the same brush just to score a point at Crabb. I never Civvy bash because I recognise all do the same job and get it done - no one being better than each other - plus I am one now! You insult with limited knowledge of what you talk.

You are about to become the Civilian version of Crabb!