PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 4th Apr 2008, 11:45
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
WWW, I'm not even to going to pretend I'm as 'clued-up' on the markets as yourself. However, as you have whittled on about not shooting the messenger when people have responded to your 'concerns' for the market

Ummm, point me to the posts that address in more than 5 words my concerns about the global economy, the credit crunch, the house price crash and the prospect of airline business collapses such as is not occurring at Alitalia? Most comments here are playing the man - not the ball.

Whilst your prophecy of doom may ultimately be correct can you please step down of your high horse and consider for a second that not everyone will be unemployed and homeless in a year facing the financial nadir you predict.

Of course your phrases such as prophecy of doom and and being homeless are chosen to deride my view that a major recession akin to 1991 is likely. You wish to portray such views as outlandish nonsense. Very well. This is why I have posted link after link after link to such mainstream sharers of this view as the Telegraph and Times and Economist and the IMF and others.

I have never said all airlines will go bust and everyone will lose their homes. Some airlines have gone bust, are going bust or will go bust and the 27,000 people who lost their homes last year will be joined by at least 45,000 other this year. This is reality and you either talk about it rationally, stick your head in the sand or shoot the messenger.

None of which will change the fact that recession certainly is happening in the US, certainly will happen in the UK and certainly will result in the job market for Wannabes contracting.

Which is the point of this discussion, unwelcome though that fact may be.