PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 4th Apr 2008, 11:28
XX621

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to jump in here. Cannot resist.

I'm not overly impressed at WWW's rantings...but he is right to highlight the risk, based on possible experience of the industry, to persons about to risk their homes on training.

However, question for WWW: I am working in the City (right now in the FX markets - having my sandwich and checking in on pprune) I would be very interested to learn how exactly you are making such a fortune from day-trading. To stand even the remotest chace of making a living you need to have a) very expensive real time feeds, b) be live on the markets every second the markets are open PLUS offline research time, and c) have very considerable knowledege of the markets. That goes for spot, equity, derivs any form of trading.

Or have you written an algorithmic exectution system which sits there printing money whilst you cruise the blue skies? If you have, lets have a look, we'll buy it off you, and you can buy the airline you work for; recruiting all those poor wannabess your clearly care for so much?? If you fancy buying BA, you could probably get a good price right now too.