View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 12:26   #3 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2

Gday Flog

I'm no accountant but as far as I understand it you can only claim deductions for training expenses if they related to your current employment. That means if you currently earn an income from some aviation activity and getting another licence or rating will help you do your job better etc then you can most likley claim it, just like if you did a TAFE course or went to uni part time to. I claimed a deduction for my PPL based on the fact I was an aircraft engineer and it helped me do my job better.

Hope that helps
bobcat74 is offline   Reply With Quote