PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 11:21
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In fact, many of us now feel that there is even less to lose by striking. BA cannot continue with the present "Leadership Team" and quite possibly some of the board. It needs people at the helm who truly understand the airline business. As they have proved in the past few days, the current incumbents do not. They do not listen to the operational staff who know the issues far better than they do and know the solutions. The "We Know Best" attitude is alive and well and living in Waterside. If there is anything which will kill BA, that is it.

If you are so convinced a pilot's strike will kill BA (not something I believe myself), I would take that a stage further and say that BA is a dead duck anyway and a strike would just delay the agony. This is effectively the Eastern Airlines scenario.

If I am to lose my pension and everything I have worked hard to achieve because a bunch of greedy, self-serving, short-termists are in charge of the company I love, I guarantee you my colleagues and I will pay them back ten-fold.