PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1967 - British Independent Charters
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 10:58
captain.speaking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Alpha India

"I don't know how long ATC/OPS at MAN keep their logs for???"

Think I may have located Manchester ATC logs in Public Library in MAN, but they won't copy them for me so I've got to get up there and do it myself.

2. bigal1941

Yes, the book is called "British Independent Airliners 1946-1976 by Tony Jones and is aboslutely invaluable - well worth the money. Also Tony himself has been a great help to me in adding extra details to some of the data in the book as well as copying parts of out of print "Propliner" magazines for me.

3. LGS6753

Thanks for the memories of Luton - interestingly, altho some other sources advise that DA only had 2 Comet 4's operating that year, the LGW ATC logs clearly show 3, although only 2 seem to have been committed to regular charters.

4. TSR2

Not sure about Treffield using MAN in 67, as they were only operational for 7 weeks or so, and their flying was almost all out of LIV, BRS/CWL and LGW- do you have any details ?
Also, Lloyds didnt get their 707's until 1970 - they did have an IT programme with Britannia 300's out of GLA then, also out of Berlin - Tegel, but nothing regular out of MAN I think.