PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 4th Apr 2008, 09:27
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An interesting discussion. As someone has mentioned, I think it's important to draw a distinction between who this will affect. If you are half way through your training or are due to finish training in about 6 months, then the outlook may well be bad. You have a lot of debt, airlines go into hibernation mode to protect themselves from the future storm and in turn worsens the effect.

However, all that said, for the wannabe that is applying in 2 months, going on a course 2 months after that for the best part of two years, can you really apply the same negative forecast? Surely, 2 years and 6 months later, things should be picking up?

WWW, I part agree with you, although as a lot of it comes out of the media, it attracts some scepticism from me. They want to sell newspapers. What is the one thing that, without fail, will attract one's attention? Money.

Having said that, I'll be saving this page in my favourites, checking on what was said a few months down the line and suggesting WWW goes to work for Mervyn