PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX/FTA Instructor Secondment
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 08:37
azamat69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like i rattled your cage, all i was trying to do was give the guys and gals an idea of what sort of period of time they were looking at, so they can make up there own minds if this was a good deal or not. Sure there are alot of pilots in every airline that has had to go bush bashing to get the time under there belts, and had to work for free to get there, i did it just like alot of guys but it doesnt necessarily make me a better pilot than someone who is going to go through this FTA system.

And your numbers, whilst i agree that some are more accurate than mine, to have a go at me over 6months i think is a bit extreme but hey the more accurate the better for the ones looking at this thread.

To me it seems that you dont agree with airline pilots being instructors only when they join and if this is the case, i have flown with quite a few of the guys from FTA and they are all top class pilots. Some have never touched a turbine or jet plane but hey does it really matter at the end? I dont think so, but again its just my own opinion. All of them have also passed through there Command courses with no problems whilst other very experienced guys have failed.