PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning to Mil Aircrew claiming RLE
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 08:26
Drift Bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sid,

You are in the same position as I was last year after a posting (sorry - assignment!) from Lincs to Wilts. Despite a supported claim from my previous unit, JPAC rejected it citing the same JSP. The OCU was days short of the required 6 months. After many calls and letters to JPAC, the money was eventually paid 'as a gesture of good will'. However, they refused to pay any interest. Apparently I should have moved into the Mess (leaving my wife and new baby back in Lincs) for the duration of the OCU and then claimed. This would obviously have costed the tax payer significantly more money AND greatly inconvenienced my family AND blocked a place in the Mess for 6 months. It was my 3rd return to the OCU (chopping very unlikely) and the OCU was on the same Sqn I was being posted to. The only way to avoid the huge admin faff is to get an extented assignment notice from your desk officer. Failing this, the wording of the JSP is not specific and contains wording that is open to interpretation. PM me if you like any more detail on how I worded my appeal.