PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 4th Apr 2008, 08:14
Nichibei Aviation
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Alitalia goes bust, 3000 pilots will be released on the market, with some being picked up by Italian airlines like Itali and Air One.

I think that this is a bigger challenge than any "European airline's failure because of dropping real estate prices".
And yet, it may slow down the market for a few months, that still doesn't mean that new students starting today will find themselves looking for a job for ages.

If Virgin Atlantic's beauty service isn't doing well, it doesn't mean that Virgin Atlantic itself is doing bad, though one would certainly expect that seen that a big part of their earnings is in USD.

If BA is not doing well, it's because the UK is hit by the same problems as the U.S. as I've already stated.

Let's inform people adequately.
I and my employer (which seems to be your greatest argument, while you allow camouflaged flight schools to post anything on here) don't gain much by saying that everything is doing fine in Europe.
A slowdown would mean students would look for cheaper training and more flexibility meaning modular and eventually one of our (future) programs.

I think that your argument is not the right one.

Saying that people should choose for cheaper traininig because of a simulated slowdown is not the right approach. We should confront the students to the reality of expensive schools instead, who are giving the same training for twice the price and misleading students with "quality".