PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing evidence that the downturn is upon us....
Old 4th Apr 2008, 07:52
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
I fear Nichiebi that the God of Economics is going to teach you a big lesson. Harshly.

Were you involved with aviation during the early 90's recession? Do you even remember the early 90's recession?

I've just opened todays Times:

British Airways hit by fall in business-class passengers

Virgin may scrap in-flight beauty service

Acacia Avenue could catch Commercial Street chill: Where commercial property goes, so goes housing.

Since June last year the average value of commercial property has fallen by 15 per cent, according to IPD. The actual prices being paid, however, are down by nearer 20 per cent. The property derivatives market is currently pricing in a fall of 18 per cent for the whole of 2008. That would mean prices would have fallen 26 per cent between June last year and the end of December this year.

My analysis is much more pessimistic than that which you find in the mainstream press reports that I refer to here and in other posts. Nevertheless such daily tallies of woe and gloom serve to show that I am not imagining this and I am not alone in my gloomy economic outlook.

European airline failures are just months away. With them will come the redundant pilot. With that the wannabe market closes. Overnight.